[SNMP4J] How to get attributes of object ?

Mark Clements mark.clements at vega.de
Fri Mar 27 17:42:42 CET 2009

Hi,

A very simple question that probably demonstrates my newness to the
SNMP4J Agent world!
We have a working Agent (based on the TestAgent), from an ASN.1 MIB
processed by the AgenGen tool.
Everything is working fine (gets/sets/traps work etc).

But, if I have an object defined in the MIB, how do I access the
attributes of the object, e.g. the Description (or any other attributes
that I define)?
I can identify and lookup an object by its OID but I don't know how to
get the object's attributes !!

E.g. a simple object we have in our MIB, and processed by AgenPro to be
used by the TestAgent:

scalone OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX Unsigned32 (0..1000000)
        UNITS
                "1/1000 seconds."
        MAX-ACCESS read-write
        STATUS current
        DESCRIPTION
                "Simple Scaler Test 1 for reading and writing an
unsigned 32"
    -- 1.3.6.1.4.1.162.1.1.1  --
    ::= { tpvfMIBObjects 1 }

How to get e.g. the description attribute (or any other attribute that I
defined in the OBJECT-TYPE?

Thanks in advance !!
Mark.