[SNMP4J] SNMP agent implementation

Pankaj Arora parora at castiron.com
Mon May 18 04:25:21 CEST 2009

Thanks for the reply.
We are registered with IANA and have our Mib's in hand. I also know
specific Oid's I have to reply to.

I believe that
TestAgent.java(snmp4j-agent/src/org/snmp4j/agent/test/TestAgent.java)
available as code example in snmp4j-agent implementation has a starting
point to write an agent. It gives gives a sample implementation of the
agent. I am trying to hook my code in this as when I configure SNMP to
forward the requests to this sub-agent it reaches here. My aim is to
reply to the requests reaching here with right information. I am not
sure how to do this. Why I need agentPro here?
Can you give some more insight on that?
After putting this mail to group I wrote a custom command Responder and
added it to the TestAgent and now requests are dispatched to my
processRequest method in the commandResponder. I am not sure how to
construct the right reply for the request. Is there any example on how
to prepare the right reply for requests coming in and how to put your
text in that reply?
Aim is to get some oid's request in the sub-agent and reply in right
format and with some custom information.

Thanks,
Pankaj Arora