[SNMP4J] SNMP agent implementation

Senthil Muniswamy senthil.muniswamy at gmail.com
Sat May 16 07:27:17 CEST 2009

Pankaj,

All you need is an SNMP Agent implementation and not the Proxy Forwarder.

1) Get familiar with SNMP Protocol & MIBs.
2) Register with IANA for enterprise number if your employer don't
have one already.
3) Find out the information that you want to expose from the Java application.
3) Define them in MIBs. Tools like MIB Designer
http://www.mibdesigner.com will help you write easily
4) Use AgenPro http://www.agentpp.com/agen/agen.html to generate the
SNMP4J code for the MIBs
5) Implement the generated methods i.e. call the Java application

HTH.