[SNMP4J] SNMP JVM monitoring

Wong, Noichi royce.wong at cgi.com
Tue May 19 23:19:40 CEST 2009

Hi gurus,

I am new to SNMP and in the research phase.

I have a situation where I need to monitor multiple Tomcat's and
Weblogic's JVMs (and possibly their MBeans) via SNMP.

The best case would be: Register all my JVMs sub-agents with a master
agent. I go to the single master, give it an OID and get my JVM info.

Is it possible through AgentX? Is so, my immediate question is how to
make sure each of my JVM get a unique set of static OIDs?

Much appreciated for helping out a SNMP newbie.

Regards,

RW