[SNMP4J] Problem with DefaultTCPTransportMapping

Brice Fines bfines at sermepa.es
Thu Oct 1 11:15:14 CEST 2009

Hi Frank,

Please let me know if you need more information to reproduce it.

I made further tests.

I checked with previous releases, but I have the same problem using SNMP4J
version 1.10.0 or 1.9.3d.

I make sure that commands over TCP are working (I mean not only the first
one) with the following sequence:
1) send GET command to client 1 that is listenning over TCP.
2) get GET response from client 1 over TCP.
3) send GET command to client 2 that is listenning over TCP.
4) get GET response from client 2 over TCP.
5) send GET command to client 3 that is listenning over TCP.
6) get GET response from client 3 over TCP.
7) send GET command to client 4 that is not listenning over TCP.
8) get java.net.ConnectExecption in DefaultTCPTransportMapping.
9) send GET command to client 1 again.
10) get java.nio.ClosedChannelExceptionin DefaultTCPTransportMapping.

I also modified my class to send SNMP commands over UDP instead of TCP
(i.e. DefaultUdpTransportMapping and UDP addresses) , and everything runs
ok  (i.e. the clients that were working keep answering after failing to
contact another client). So the problem seems to occurs only with
DefaultTCPTransportMapping.

Thanks for the support. I hope this can be solved soon.

Regards