[SNMP4J] SNMP trap source always 0.0.0.0

Christof Meerwald cmeerwald at emnico.com
Mon Oct 5 22:00:15 CEST 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:06:12 +0200 you wrote:
[...]
> But still I have the following issue, both for v1 and v2:
>
> If using localhost as agent address (by overriding
> initTransportMappings()-method), no traps at all arive at a remote
> machine. A MIBBrowser running on the local machine receives the traps
> with source 127.0.0.1.
>
> Is there any relation between the agent address and the handling when
> sending a trap message?

My understanding is that the agent uses a single SnmpSession (and
therefore a single UDP socket) for handling SNMP requests and sending
traps by default. You can probably tweak that behaviour by implementing
your own NotificationOriginator.

Christof

--
Emnico developing EmNOC for monitoring IT networks. Download from
http://www.emnico.com

Emnico Technologies Ltd - http://www.emnico.com
Dauntsey House, Stonehill Green, Westlea, Swindon SN5 7HB
Company No. 06390125