[SNMP4J] Creating index for adding row to table entry

pradip de pradip.de at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 05:05:38 CEST 2009

Hi,
What is the typical technique for generating an index to add a row in a
table ? What does the OctetString.toSubIndex(boolean) actually do? Does it
generate a OID index by using some kind of hashing mechanism over the
OCtetString? Should I use an OctetString that I can assume to be unique for
each row I add and use it to create an index? I have no problem with this
but sometimes it generates a really long OID for that field. How do I get
index values of single integers incremented each time I add a row?
thanks,
Pradip