[SNMP4J] Updating data into MIB table entry

pradip de pradip.de at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 19:48:07 CET 2009

Hi,
I would like to update the data in the table entry I have implemented as
part of a MIB so that the response to snmp gets have the latest data. I was
thinking of running a timed task that updates the table regularly at fixed
intervals. The question I have in this regard is what is the best approach
to update table entries. I was thinking of using the
tableEntryModel.addRow(MOTableRow). Now, if I use the
tableEntryModel.createRow(index, values) where the index is the same would
it actually update the existing entry or create duplicate ones each time. If
that is the case, whats the method for updating table entries.
Also, instead of a timed task if I wish to update an entry when a get comes
in, where should I call my table update function?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Pradip