[SNMP4J] About VACM views

pradip de pradip.de at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 22:59:30 CEST 2009

Hi,
In my Agent adaptation of TestAgen, when I use SnmpV3, I only see the packet
sent out on the wire if I give fullViews in vacm.addAccess. Is that how it
should be? Then, what does restrictedView mean? I would appreciate if
someone clarifies this doubt of mine.

vacm.addAccess(new OctetString("v3restricted"), new OctetString(),
                SecurityModel.SECURITY_MODEL_USM,
                SecurityLevel.AUTH_NOPRIV, VacmMIB.vacmExactMatch,
                new OctetString("fullReadView"),
                new OctetString("fullWriteView"),
                new OctetString("fullNotifyView"),

Thanks,