[SNMP4J] SNMP trap source always 0.0.0.0

inliner683 at gmx.de inliner683 at gmx.de
Fri Sep 25 12:27:41 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am using snmp4j-agent 1.1.4 for an agent implementation that
sends trap for certain situations. I am using MIBBrowser to receive
the traps.

The problem is that the source of the traps is always 0.0.0.0.

When I use a specific agent address the source is the one I use,
e.g. "localhost" or the corresponding IP.

The agent is attached to a master agent and should not be reachable from
outside, so using "localhost" would be fine. But then source of the traps
is then always "localhost" which is not OK.

Is there any chance how I could solve the issue?