[SNMP4J] SNMP trap source always 0.0.0.0

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Sun Sep 27 22:35:18 CEST 2009

Hi,

I guess you are using SNMPv1 for the traps, right?
With SNMPv2c and v3 this issue does not exists, since
those SNMP version do not include a trap source address
by default. Including such an address in the SNMP packet
is a bad idea for many reasons. One is IPv6 and another
proxy issues.

You can set any IP source address for SNMPv1 traps by
implementing your own NotificationOriginator.

http://www.snmp4j.com