[SNMP4J] SNMP Manager re-installation no longer authenticating

Aidan Diffey aidan.diffey at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 16:30:48 CET 2010

Hello.

I have an SNMP device which is connected to a manager (A J2EE application).
They are both talking to each other using SNMP V3.  I have re-installed the
manager which involved reloading a database.
This has reset the engine boot count on the manager from 21 back to 1. Since
then, I am receiving a -1414 error from SNMP4J.

Is there something in SNMP4J that requires the engine boots to be
incremented in order for authentication to take place?

How would I get the devices talking again after rebuilding the manager
database?

Kind Regards