[SNMP4J] No response for AES 192 and 256

Johnson Smith mailjsmith0715 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:28:40 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue as in your archive here
http://lists.agentpp.org/pipermail/snmp4j/2007-September/002464.html

I have included the "unlimited policy strength files JCE" and able to send
request to cisco 7600 device, but receiving nothing back for the request no
errors, no exception, no reports. (viewed using Wireshark).

This is the configuration on the device -

snmp-server view readview internet included
snmp-server group readonly v3 priv
snmp-server user testaesuser readonly v3 auth sha mshapass priv aes 192
maespass

I was able to test DES, 3DES, AES128 priv types successfully. Is there other
additional configuration needed for these two types of encryption?

Thanks
John