[SNMP4J] DuplicationRegistrationException

karuna s sirivars2004.sw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 12:10:38 CEST 2011

Hello Frank,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I think i didn't explained my problems
properly.
 My task : I have to develop a system which monitors few temperature
sensors(150+) and check whether they are normal or abnormal.
If system detects any one sensor abnormal it has to send a trap or
notification to Manager using SNMP.

To my understanding to monitor all these sensors using snmp, system have to
first register all sensors into snmp agent having unique OID. Todo so we
need a MIB file.
In our MIB file we have both scalar and group objects. According to your
example in org.snmp4j.agent.example i started to work.
In our scenario, we have 3 types of sensors. Total numbers of
sensors(integer) of each type as scalar object and their
properties(value,alert type,..).

*.1.3.6.1.4.1.9483.32.11.13. * is a valid OID provided by client.
So from here "scalar objects" *.1.3.6.1.4.1.9483.32.11.13.1.1 =Total numbers
of sensor of Type1  and **.1.3.6.1.4.1.9483.32.11.13.2.1 =Total numbers of
sensor of Type2.*
"Group objects" using MOTable in snmp4j *.1.3.6.1.4.1.9483.32.11.13.1.2.1.1
= Type1 tableentry and * *.1.3.6.1.4.1.9483.32.11.13.2.2.1.1 = Type2
tableentry. *Then adding columns and rows.

*Problems:  *
*1) When i am adding both scalar and table objects using single program, it
is throwing DuplicationRegistartionException. *
*    I tried to change the context from null to new OctectString () No
exception it generated.But when using snmpget command to access object "No
such instance" .*
*2) I get all data from database and then add to table. Each row has
attributes sensorid, status (0/1),alerttype, value.*
*    Initially sensors have status as 0, alerttype OK. But in abnormal state
corresponding sensorid row should be updated. Some sensors may deleted or
added. *
*   This is to provide information about any sensor at any time Manager
queries.*
*
*
I hope i explained my problem in detail so that i can find a solution or
idea. I need you assistance to solve my problem.
Thank you for reading my whole problem. Once again Thanks in advance for
your support and ideas.

Waiting for your reply.....

Thanks & Regrads
Nani