[SNMP4J] SNMP Buffer OverFlow Exception

vinod bvinod at barc.gov.in
Thu Dec 15 12:57:23 CET 2011

Hi,

I was trying to get MIB data from machines through SNMP using snmp4j
library. I am facing a problem where some times the machines are not
responding to the SNMP query (even with high time out and retries).
But if i wait for some time (lets say 3-5 minutes) and again query the
same machines (which earlier not responded), they are responding to the
SNMP queries. I was using various Operating systems and i had observed
that this type of problem is happening more in Windows 7 (may be its
just a coincidence). Does any body face this sort of problem?

Thanks,
Vinod Kumar Boppanna