[SNMP4J] Encrypted Passphrases

christyj christyj at cisco.com
Fri Jul 29 20:32:59 CEST 2011

Hi,

I¹m trying to use SNMP4J to test AUTH_NOPRIV setup for a device that has the
auth passphrase set as encrypted digest (believe the passphrase is entered
as a hexa-decimal numbers)

Here what I tested with -

Test 1: text-passphrase ­ works, no issues
snmp-server user ppmv3user readonly v3 auth md5 abcdabcd

Test 2: encrypted-passphrase ­ returns SnmpConstants.usmStatsWrongDigests
snmp-server user ppmv3user readonly v3 encrypted auth md5 abcdabcd

I looked at UsmUser API and did not see a alternate way of setting encrypted
passphrases. How do I set encrypted passphrases?

Regards
Christy