[SNMP4J] snmp4j.agent.test.snapshotagent picking local values

Bill Carroll bill at thecarrolls.net
Sat Mar 19 03:06:34 CET 2011

I used the snmp4j command line tool to create a snapshot from another device.

I then used agent.test.snapshotagent to provide a local server for the snapshot. When I query the snapshot, I can see from the console logging that it is responding, but it responds with local values for items like system.sysDescr.0 even though the snapshot was at a high level - 1.3.6. I see from the console logging that it gave me a WARN that is could not register the snapshot subtree 1.3.6.1.2.1.1 because it was already registered. Is there some configuration or option that I need to specify to snapshotagent to make it override?