[SNMP4J] TableUtils failing to identify end of request condition

christyj christyj at cisco.com
Fri Nov 18 06:00:05 CET 2011

Hi Frank & Team,

The version we are using is snmp4j 2.0.2. We are running into a problem for
one of our devices polled using TableUtils class.

The table has 62 rows, but even after 62 rows are retrieved additional
requests are sent by SNMPJ. Attached is a capture for the same.

Packet 15 ­ First TableUtils GetBulkRequest
Packet 22 ­ Response packet retrieves last of the 62 rows
Packet 23 ­ GetBulkRequest sent after 62 rows
Packet 24 ­ Response OIDs clearly indicates end-of-request is reached.

Also attached document gives the breakdown of the capture.

Please let us know if TableUtils processing can be fixed to identify end of
request/table at the first OID change.

Thanks
Christy