[SNMP4J] SNMP Coexistence

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Tue Jul 3 00:19:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 02.07.2012 19:01, schrieb Elliot Parsons:
> I am new to SNMP4J and I am attempting to create an agent which uses
> SNMP Coexistence. When I attempt to create a new vacmSecurityToGroup
> table entry for SNMPv1 or SNMPv2c security model, I receive an error due
> to an unsupported security model. I do not see an implementation of an
> SNMPv1 or v2c SecurityModel class that I can add to the SecurityModels
> database, though.

The is indeed no security model for "community based authentication".
Communities are not secure at all. Thus the name "Security Model" would
not fit ;-)
For SNMPv1 and v2c, the security model stuff is implemented by the
message processing model.

The error is probably generated because some other misconfiguration?

> I am using the SNMP Agent example right now, and I do see the two
> default entries that are added via the properties file, but I need to
> have additional control.
Control on what?

Best regards,
Frank Fock