[SNMP4J] snmp4j and UdpPortUnreachable

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Fri Feb 15 23:47:35 CET 2013

Hi,

It seems that you mix up connection oriented communication (TCP) with
connection less (UDP).
With UDP you will never know if a target port is reachable or if the
application listening on the
target port is not responding. In both cases you simply wait forever for
a response (=timeout).

Thus, there is no need to change SNMP4J.