[SNMP4J] Persistence: Bootcounter file created, Config file is not

m k mkeller01 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:43:30 CET 2013

Hello,

I'm having an issue. Starting with neither file existing in my project folder, I run TestAgent.java, perform a set on the sysLocation (successfully), but upon shutting down and restarting the agent, the value is gone. I noticed that the configuration file that (as I understand it) holds the persistence data was never created. The bootcounter file was created, however, so it doesn't seem like a matter of permissions. I did this on a windows box, and what I found really funny is that I tried it at home on my linux box and it worked just fine. I used Netbeans both times. I temporarily ran my IDE as an administrator on linux because it didn't like my binding to a low port, but I also tried to run as admin on the windows box just to be sure--with no success.

I'm wondering if there is anything obvious that I'm missing, or any suggested sanity-check I might do?