[SNMP4J] Persistence: Bootcounter file created, Config file is not

m k mkeller01 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 19:41:56 CET 2013

Yes, that was it. I explicitly called agent.saveConfig() in the shutdown area of my application and now the configuration file is created/modified. Unfortunately, the new/changed data is not showing up--that is, the new data in the config file isn't being picked up by the running agent.

When I run the TestAgent application and shut it down with the a sigterm, it works. But my own application which is very much a carbon copy of TestAgent at this point seems to fail to see the data on restart. I'm investigating it, starting with trying to run my agent stand alone, shutting down with sigterm to see if it works this way for some reason (it's a bit entrenched in other code, so it'll take a little work to extricate it).

Thanks for helping me get a step further.