[SNMP4J] SnmpEngineListener fired multiple time for same address

Christy Jones (christyj) christyj at cisco.com
Wed Sep 25 17:38:36 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm using version 2.0.2 and in the process of implementing a
SnmpEngineListener.

>From what I observe the even when I'm polling for the same Address the
MPv3.addEngineID fires the listeners for every message sent.

The if condition in MPv3.addEngineID to check with localEngineID does not
appear to work well. The Address is available in the engineIDs map but the
localEngineID does not match with the input engineID. The localengineID
appears to default one.

Is there a specific reason to check against the localEngineID before
adding to the engineIDs map ? Could we not check if the Address is there
in endingIDs map directly?

    (!Arrays.equals(this.localEngineID, engineID.getValue()))

Christy