[SNMP4J] Query on MOServerLookupListener queryEvent() API

VIKRAM MODUGU VIKRAM.MODUGU at adtran.com
Wed Feb 19 09:02:08 CET 2014

Hi,

We have requirement for the snmp4j project.

Our Implementation:

We have a requirement for bulk snmp request for our snmp4j agent for a particular snmp table.
For this requirement we have implemented MOServerLookupListener interface and registered the class with the SNMP agent.
In MOServerLookupListener implementation we retrieving the content for the snmp table from a database table which is having very bulk data(say 20,000 records). My client is issuing the get next request for each entry inside the table.

Problem:

For each Get-Next request we are retrieving all the 20, 000 records from the database, this is the overhead we have. Do we have a better solution than this?

Your help is appreciated in this regard.

PFA listener class implementation for your reference.

Thanks,
Vikram Modugu.