[SNMP4J] Query on MOServerLookupListener queryEvent() API

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Wed Feb 19 20:20:26 CET 2014

Hi Vikram,

You have two options to improve the performance:
1. Do not update the table for each request. Instead use a timeout (e.g.
5 seconds).
2. Use a timeout on row level and fetch only the those rows that will be
potentially
reached by the request when takin gmaxRepetitions for GETBULK requests
into account.
3. Implement your own MOTableModel which fetches the rows on demand
(from the
tailIterator which is called by DefaultMOTable). At the same time,
existing rows (i.e.
cached rows) have to be updated and non-used rows have to be removed without
interfering concurrent requests.

Option 3 is the most complex but also most efficient solution.
I will provie such a MOTableModel with SNMP4J-Agent 3.0 later this year.

Hope this helps.