[SNMP4J] Sending custom SNMP Traps

Pathmasri Ambegoda pambegoda at isa.ae
Fri Jan 3 07:14:37 CET 2014

Hi Frank,

  Thanks a lot for ur advice.
   My purpose is to include a text message in an SNMP trap and broadcast it
using an snmptrap handler to Zabbix network monitoring tool. Actually these
text messages include logging information of a Java application. If you
have any better idea to achieve this, please let me know. The questions I
have are,

   1. Is there are a specific standard OID for this kind of purpose? If
not, please let me know how I should get one.
   2. If I use my own OID, do I have to create my own MIB file too? If yes
please send me some resources that I can use to get it done.

  Thanks,
  Pathmasri.