[SNMP4J] Adding java file for custom MIB file into AgentX.

Samuel John samuel.john.konat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 06:25:26 CET 2014

HI,
I am new to snmp4j and I'm neither an expert in java. I am trying to learn
implementation of AgentX to create a master and sub agent for the company I
work in as a trainee. Since i could not find a free mib compiler in java, i
was asked to code the master agent and sub agent myself.

I have been able to create a java file similar to the AgentppTestMib.java
that monitors 3 scalar variables. I did that by comparing the agenpptest
mib file and its corresponding java file. But I find creating code to
implement tabular values a bit hard to understand from the
AgentppTestMib.java file.

If there is anyway you can help me understand, either by explaining the
steps or by giving a link where I can find a good tutorial, kindly do so.
Expecting a positive response.

Thanking you,
Samuel John