[SNMP4J] Engine boots and engine time

Neeraj Vaidya neeraj.vaidya at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jun 21 22:27:50 CEST 2017

When sending an snmp v3 trap, what values do I need to set and in which class/object ?

At the moment I am using an engine boot value of 1 when sending an snmp v3 trap to a net-snmp snmptrapd receiver.

I am not setting any explicit value for engine time.

It works for some time but suddenly the snmptrapd starts logging "Message Too Old" for messages.

Any ideas what I should be looking out for ?

If I use a value of 0 in boots the log message says "Invalid remote boot count"

Regards,
Neeraj

Sent from my iPhone