[SNMP4J] SNMPv3 Discovery Response

Frank Prepelica Frank.Prepelica at kathrein-net-tech.de
Fri Jan 5 08:16:00 CET 2018

Hi,

I have a question regarding the SNMPv3 discovery response from a SNMP4j Agent (TestAgent) implementation.

When I perform a SNMPv3 discovery via the SnmpB tool, the OIDs:
msgAuthoritativeEngineBoots and msgAuthoritativeEngineTime have always the value "0" for every discover request.
But when I perform a Get-Request the OIDs values seems to be "working" fine (EngineTime seems to has reasonable values).

When I perform a SNMPv3 discovery against a net-snmp Agent implementation the OIDs msgAuthoritativeEngineBoots
and msgAuthoritativeEngineTime are showing values != 0

The question is - what should be the corrected response from a discover request?

Thank you and best regards