[SNMP4J] SNMP4J CLT - compiling MIBs

David Artus djna01 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 18:08:53 CEST 2018

Using the command line tool. I see the option

-M    mibRepositoryPath Set the path to the MIB repository to be used
to resolve
object names (OIDs) and parse/format object values ('repository' is the
default). The repository directory must contain compiled MIB modules files
only.

What does a compiled MIB file look like? How do I make one?

I haven't found a utility to produce compiled files.

I can see SNMP4J classes for parsing a MIB, in effect compiling into
memory, but haven't yet found anything for writing a file; anyway surely I
don't need to write my own tool for this?

<Yes I do feel dumb, apologies ...>

Thanks,

Dave