building snmp++ and agent++ libraries

helge.fredriksen____4tel.no helge.fredriksen____4tel.no
Tue Jul 11 14:51:31 CEST 2000

There are several steps I learned during the process:

1) Ensure that the include paths for snmp++ and agent++ is searched
_before_ the standard VC include paths. This because a wrong version of
mib.h (and perhaps more files) get included.

2) Compile using the Debug Multithread or just Multithread swithces on!
Remember to define the flags SNMP_PP_NATIVE_EXPORTS and
AGENT_PP_NATIVE_EXPORTS.

3) Compile as a lib, _not_ as dll, I never got this to work properly...

4) When having compiled the libs successfully, try compiling one of the
test-agents. There are several things here you got to remember on setting up
the project:

- Use same Multithread flag as for the libraries.
- Turn of incremental link.
- Ignore library: libcd.lig
- Input snmp++, rsaeuro, agent++ libraries, + wsock32.lib.
- Define the SNMP_PP_NATIVE_EXPORTS and AGENT_PP_NATIVE_EXPORTS flags

Hope this helps!

Helge Fredriksen