AgentX support

Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk
Fri Jul 14 18:41:30 CEST 2000

Hi Frank

Thanks for posting the agentX++ updates - everything compiles and I have the
example master and subagents working. I'll now start to play around with my
own code.

I did try running the example subagent contacting the UCD agent as a master
(you note that this appears feasable in the TODO document in the examples
directory), but things aren't working quite right - looks like the subagent
registers (but I might be wrong) but no requests are forwarded to it. The
agentX++ master uses tcp/1510 to listen for agentx subagents, so I'm
starting the UCD agent to use that port for agentx also...

snmpd -x 1510 -D -L -f    # -x to set the agentx port, -D for debug, -L to
log to stdout, -f to stay forground

I appreciate that both agent++ and UCD agentX support are still in beta, but
I wonder what (if any) config you had to use on the UCD side for your tests
before I start posting to the UCD list?

Many thanks

guy

Guy Hindell
OpenTrade Technologies Ltd.
guy.hindell at opentrade.co.uk

* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ *
 Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this
 message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this
 message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such
 person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
 In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
 notify the sender by reply e-mail. Please advise immediately
 if you or your employer does not consent to Internet e-mail
 for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other
 information in this message that do not relate to the
 official business of my Company shall be understood as
 neither given or endorsed by it.