AgentX support

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Fri Jul 14 19:58:03 CEST 2000

Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk wrote:

> I did try running the example subagent contacting the UCD agent as a master
> (you note that this appears feasable in the TODO document in the examples
> directory), but things aren't working quite right - looks like the subagent
> registers (but I might be wrong) but no requests are forwarded to it. The
> agentX++ master uses tcp/1510 to listen for agentx subagents, so I'm
> starting the UCD agent to use that port for agentx also...

The default port AGENT++ uses depends on the settings in your /etc/services
file. The UCD subagent does the same by default. Normally you should be
able to run both without setting the TCP port explicitly.

If there is no etc/services entry for agentx, then AgentX++ uses 705 as its
TCP port.

Hope that helps.