Making all MIB information persistent

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Mon Sep 11 23:00:39 CEST 2000

Hello Helge,

The generalized answer to your question is that every MIB object
will be made persistent when the MibContext is deleted which
contains the MibGroup to which the MIB object has been added.

With the signal handler of the examples, this will be done safely
when the program stops for any reason other than a segmentation
fault or a kill with -9.

If you need to subsequently store values, then you will have to call
the MibGroup::save_to_file(..) mehtod manually.

If this is not what you need, you may use the MibEntry::serialize()
and MibEntry::deserialize() methods as you want to.

BTW, the problem with the VACM tables may be caused by not
adding those tables to a named MibGroup. I will check and update
the examples (if needed) for the next update of AGENT++.