Problems compiling SNMP++ v3.1 on Solaris

Simpson, Gary Gary.Simpson____tfeurope.com
Tue Apr 17 09:13:06 CEST 2001

Hello,

I have downloaded the new versions of SNMP++ and AGENT++.  However, I am
unable to compile the new version of SNMP++ as it comes up with the
following error message:

  ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
sections
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
  *** Error code 1
  make: Fatal error: Command failed for target '../lib/libsnmp++.so'

In order to build SNMP++, I have taken a copy of Makefile.linux and changed
this to remove the '-lg++' option (which does not work) and replaced it with
'-lelf -lsocket -lnsl'.  Without doing this, it comes up with errors saying
that library -lg++ is not found.  This worked with the previous version of
SNMP++.

Thanks for your help,
Gary.

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential
and not for third party unauthorised distribution.