Problem regarding clearing MibTable content

Shivram U shivaram.upadhyayula____wipro.com
Thu Mar 8 17:05:10 CET 2001

Hi Frank,
	The operating system our agent runs on is Linux. I checked the memory usage
using the ps command. During the addition of row we do see an increase in
memory usage and this falls down too. But the memory usage does not fall
down to the original value. To be more descriptive about the problem, if we
are adding say about 5 rows, and clearing these rows the memory usage
remains constant . Now if we add say about 10 rows and clear the rows the
memory usage increases. This does not fall back to the original value. After
doing this as long as the number of rows added are less than or equal to 10,
the memory usage remains constant. The memory usage again increases if the
number of rows added and cleared is more than 10. Now i have modified our
agent code a little bit not to call content.clearAll(). I keep track of the
rows added and call MibTable::remove_row() to remove the rows now. The
problem still persists. I havent yet used any bound checker like you
suggested. I will use one and will keep you updated about the results.

Thanking you,
Shivram