Agent/Solaris Questions

Ram Krishnaswamy RKrishnaswamy____pathfire.com
Fri Mar 16 15:23:11 CET 2001

The Proxy forwarder application which comes with the latest agent++ version
can be used too.

If you need help on this, let me know. It took me some time to figure it out
and I got immense help from Frank Fock.

Ram K.

-----Original Message-----
From: Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk [mailto:Guy.HINDELL____opentrade.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 5:44 AM
To: eitanp____qualcomm.com; agentpp-dl____agentpp.com
Subject: RE: Agent/Solaris Questions

Hi Eitan

We recently (a couple of months ago) talked about this - I'll see if I can
find what I posted back then. But, anyway, the Solaris native agent doesn't
implement AgentX or SMUX, but it can be made to proxy to agents running on
different ports (ie. not 161). So all you will need to do is to write an
agent using the standard Agent++ classes, arrange that the port on which it
runs can be set via its command line, and configure the native agent to run
it and proxy to it for your mib.

Guy Hindell
OpenTrade Technologies Ltd.
(guy.hindell at opentrade.co.uk)