Subagent contexts and SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB

Mike Carr everythingsfree____hotmail.com
Mon Mar 18 16:55:23 CET 2002

Frank/Jochen,

In your email responses to my other questions on subagent contexts you
mentioned that it was possible to use the SNMPv1/v2c communities that are
mapped to v3 contexts using the SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB to access two subagents
that have registered the same MIB.  I've had a look at RFC2576 and from what
I can understand, since the master agent contains the community MIB (looking
at the AgentX++ code) then it should be possible to do this without any
changes.  My question (assuming what I've said so far is correct) is how you
would query a subagent with a certain context using a snmpGet command with
just a community?   i.e. what would the actual command be?

Thanks,
Mike