[AGENT++] Using SNMP++ commercially

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Fri Apr 2 21:32:17 CEST 2004

Jim,

the text you are quoting only says IMO that you may not sell SNMP++ or
modifications of it. However, you may link your application to a SNMP++
library. From the resulting binary, you may then sell your software part.
That's how I understand the software license. To be sure, one would have
to ask HP (that part of the license is from the original v2.8).
In contrast the to last sentence of the HP license stands the first:

Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute and/or sell this software
and/or its documentation is hereby granted without fee.

Hope this helps.