[AGENT++] Using SNMP++ commercially

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Mon Apr 5 23:05:14 CEST 2004

Hi,

first a updated version of libtomcrypt will be available soon. Tom
switched the license for Libtomcrypt to public domain.

>> Then there is TOMCRIPT (and also TOMMATH I think) that I don't know
>> what is it for. Anyone care to enlighten this?

> It is used for AES encryption. AFAIK (Jochen is more up-to-date here),

AES is currently only supported with libtomcrypt.

But to add something to your confusion ;-) OpenSSL and libdes are
supported, too.

There are the following dependencies (modified from auth_priv.cpp):

// Only use DES, SHA1 and MD5 from libtomcrypt if
//   openssl is not used

// AES is only available if libtomcrypt is set

// Use internal functions for SHA and MD5 and libs rsaeuro/libdes
//   only if not using libtomcrypt and openssl

I prefer to use libtomcrypt, as it has AES, DES, SHA and MD5. If you
don't need AES you can use OpenSSL, as it's already on most systems.