[AGENT++] Some basic questions

Sushma sushma at uh.edu
Thu Jun 24 01:34:06 CEST 2004

Thank you for all the help so far. I have some questions (I have just started to work on this so are very basic)
I really appreciate all the timely help.

1. In the atm_mib example, what is the MIB used? As when I do snmpNext it always gives the
sysDescr as specified in agent.cpp. I guess because it is default OID. Which MIB is it using?
And where is it being loaded?

2. In agent++, there is one folder called mibs that has about 9 MIBs.
Where(which examples) are these MIBs used?

3. In agent++, under examples - What is the function of command_execution_mib? Does it use the cmd_exe_mib MIB under the mibs folder?

4. You said more than one agent can be running at a given time. How can I do that? Do I configure each agent at a different port? If so what all port numbers can I use? And is there a way to dump users from the manager?

5. How to add users to the the manager/agent?

6. How to configure the USM UserTable of the agent?

7. Can I configure each agent with a different configuration for VACM?

8. Can I restrict v1/v2 users from accessing the enterprise MIB (atm_mib)?

9. Is the log the one that gets printed on command prompt when I run the agent?

Regards,
Sushma.