[AGENT++] Strange bugs in AgenPro

Mike Nuss nmx at fromtheshadows.net
Wed Dec 27 22:13:48 CET 2006

Hi Frank,

On 12/15/06, Frank Fock <fock at agentpp.com> wrote:
> The exception bug below should be fixed in version 2.5.1.
> Are you using the latest version?

Any word on whether this bug has, in fact, been fixed? I am seeing it
in version 2.5.1.

I'm also getting a whole lot of these. I'm not sure if they're
anything to worry about:

1576 [main] ERROR Velocity  - Left side ($method.length()) of '>'
operation has null value. Operation not possible.
/home/mike/src/snmp/code.vm [line 2, column 36]
1576 [main] ERROR Velocity  - Left side ($method.length()) of '>'
operation has null value. Operation not possible.
/home/mike/src/snmp/code.vm [line 10, column 36]

Those errors aren't fatal, however, the exception bug is. I'm using
OCTET STRINGs instead of DisplayStrings to work around it, for now.

Mike

(For reference:)
> > The second issue is that in some circumstances, I get the following error:
> >
> > 1015 [main] DEBUG Generator  - Found 0 existing code snippets
> > 1069 [main] ERROR Velocity  - Method getModuleName threw exception for
> > reference $agenUtils in template /home/mike/src/snmp/code.vm at
> > [506,31]
> > 1069 [main] ERROR Velocity  - Method getModuleName threw exception for
> > reference $tcModules in template /home/mike/src/snmp/code.vm at
> > [506,16]
> > org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of
> > method 'getModuleName' in  class com.agentpp.agenpro.util.AgenUtils
> > threw exception class java.lang.NullPointerException : null
(snipped)