[AGENT++] Bug in NotificationOriginator->add_v3_trap_destination()?

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Sat Feb 4 16:37:59 CET 2006

Hi Joshua,

> more tidbit that might aide in finding the source.  I removed *all* code
> in the agent.  I then allocate one Mib object.  Without putting anything
> in it, I then immediately delete it.  This still causes a crash.

   Mib *m = new Mib();
   delete m;

If code like this crashes,it is very very likely that your
project/compiler settigns are inconsistent.
- check that all of snmp++/agent++/your app are compiled with the same
settings; if for example SNMPv3 is disabled for the libs but enabled for
your app, it won't work.
- If you use dlls/.so: make sure that the runtime linker does not find
any old versions of the dll/.so
- Verify manually that all intermediate files are removed before doing a
complete rebuild of all parts.