[AGENT++] Agent++ does not separate MIBs during code generation

Sellinath, Juergen juergen.sellinath at thalesatm.com
Tue Apr 8 19:51:16 CEST 2008

Hi together!

I have a MIB layout that uses a layout like this

Parent module: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.company.project.devicetype
Subdevice A module: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.company.project.devicetype.subdeviceA
Subdevice B module: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.company.project.devicetype.subdeviceB
Subdevice C module: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.company.project.devicetype.subdeviceC

Since some years I generate code for Modules A, B and C based on the very same project file and everything was fine. Now, as I added some leafs to the MIB of modules A and B, AgenPro 2.6.2 produced a strange result: The code for modules A and C is generated correctly. Within the code for Module B, however, I find code for all the leafs defined within Module A. The very same velocimacros are to generate code for the sub-modules. MIBDesigner 2.5.2 declares the MIBs as being syntactically correct, thus I doubt that it is a problem with the inserted leafs.

Is somebody out there who has similar experiences and maybe a reason for that strange behaviour?

BTW: I sometimes had - for other devices of the same layout - a similar behaviour: Code for all leafs of modules A, B, and C was generated within the source file of the parent module.

Best regards,

Jürgen

Jürgen Sellinath
SW-Engineer