[AGENT++] License & maintenance questions

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Tue Aug 31 18:20:37 CEST 2010

Hi Jens,

The AGENT++ license does not permit any usage of
the API to build another (derived) API regardless
whether free or commercial. However, the
open source as well as the commercial and closed
source usage is freely permitted, if the API is
used to build an executable (could be also
linked as DLL/shared object).

Switching to a GPL-License will not be backward
compatible for closed source projects.

The last release of AGENT++ is from 2009-05-29.
(The download page contained a typo).
A new release is currently under preparation.
The code is freezed and ready for packaging,
however we need to analyze a new bug report
first whether it affects the new release.

With commercial support, you have access to
the JIRA system with all open and solved
issues.