[AGENT++] R: pure virtual method called

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Tue Mar 1 20:51:49 CET 2011

Hi,

> Hi, I'm following up the "other" problem highlighted below (I'm
> running on a linux busybox ARM device).

the list software does not allow highlightning...

> After some test, we found that this problem disappears if I comment
> the following line from agent++.h:
>
> //#define AGENTPP_USE_THREAD_POOL
>
> This apparently solves our problem, but we would like to know more
> about this. Are we removing important functionality by disabling
> this? What should we expect to happen? Should we be more careful
> about something?

With ThreadPool, agent++ uses as default 4 threads to process requests.
These threads are created once at startup. Without TreadPool, each
request will create a new thread that processes it.
There is one difference when creating the threads: The TreadPool uses
the pthread_attr_setstacksize with 0x10000.