[SNMP4J] SNMP v3 USM

Rogelio J. Baucells rj at baucells.net
Thu Aug 25 17:21:23 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have a question regarding the USM and the creation of UserTarget for snmp v3.

During the initialization of the snmp4j's Snmp object I create the USM and add
the following user to it:

usm.addUser(securityName, new UsmUser(securityName, authProtocolOID, authKey,
privProtocolOID, privKey);

this specific user definition uses authentication and privacy.

Can I use the same security name to create a UserTarget with
SecurityLevel.NOAUTH_NOPRIV or SecurityLevel.AUTH_NOPRIV?

or,

Is required that I use SecurityLevel.AUTH_PRIV?

Thanks,

RJB