[SNMP4J] snmp4j and timer threads.

koen.janssens at alcatel.be koen.janssens at alcatel.be
Mon Dec 12 17:30:48 CET 2005

Hello,

we have an applictation that creates a lot fo SNMP session to a lot of
different SNMP agents. It see that each SNMP session one timer object, is
created, with an associated thread.
In our situation, this leads to about 500 timer threads being created. We
already implemented a custom transportmapping to keep the amount of
threads low, but this timer thread is not configurable.

I suggest you provide an SNMP constructor that takes Timer as an input
argument, so we can share one time object (and hence also timer thread)
for all our sessions.

Regards,

Koen.