[SNMP4J] Creating a custom Log4J appender

Gregor B. Rosenauer gregor.rosenauer at siemens.com
Thu Mar 31 16:35:27 CEST 2005

Kevin J. Schmidt schrieb:

> If anyone would find interest in me posting about this, let me know.
Great to see that - I only knew of an SNMPAppender that used the
JoeSNMP-stack, but an implementation using SNMP4J is more preferrable...
We are also using log4j here, so I'd definitely be interested in looking
at the source.

Do you also plan in writing an SNMPReceiver (new in log4j 1.3) that
forwards incoming SNMP-messages (so GET requests) to the logging-system?

krg,
Gregor