[SNMP4J] Incorrectly formatted SNMPv1

PHIL BERGSTRESSER phil.bergstresser at adtran.com
Thu Oct 6 21:03:53 CEST 2005

It is definitely correct to toss the trap, even though you would like to
have it anyway. If you start saying that anything is acceptable in spite
of the defined protocol, then you have defined a different protocol than
than standard SNMP. That is chaos. I see it attempted when it seems like
a lot of trouble to get it corrected, but the effort is required. Than
you won't have to handle this specialized code for each deviation.

You can take this kind of tolerance to any extreme with that philosophy
and gain the wrath of all those who properly implement the standard and
have working and manageable products.

Phil B